XC Maps is a database of interactive college cross country courses. It's a place for cross country runners, coaches and spectators to better explore a race location before, during, and after a meet.
The site includes course elevation, mile markers, detailed course lines, the ability to zoom in and out of the map, user geolocation, up-to-date weather, driving directions, meet information, and much, much more
How to Navigate the map:
1. Scroll down to access the map
2. Click on the wheel icon in the bottom right corner to access course options
3. Find meet information, post comments, and see/share meet photos - Click on the colorful icons in the bottom navigation
XC Maps is s proof-of-concept for a database of interactive college and high school cross country course maps. Elon University's cross country course is the preliminary interactive map and serves as a prototype to introduce users to course functionality and site navigation.
This site began with an idea - to create a site that provides cross country runners, coaches and spectators with an enhanced meet experience. Running has been a passion of mine since my first day of 7th grade cross country practice. I ran competitively through college and went on to coach at the collegiate level. This website fuses two things that I love to do - thinking creatively and running.
Have a course that you want to see added to the site? Send it!
3. To search nearby attractions, simply type into the search bar on the map
4. Find meet information, post comments, and see/share meet photos - Click on the colorful icons in the bottom navigation
XC Maps is a database of College and High School Cross Country courses in the United States. Have a look around! Have a look around!
SCROLL DOWN TO GET STARTED ↓
Don't see a course that you want?
E-mail us and we will add it!
XC Maps, Andrea Pereira de Almeida © all rights reserved 2014